Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Peavey Classic 60 questions

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message ...

I have one of the above-mentioned amps on the bench. Pretty
straightforward - 3 X EL84 output valves have air inside the valve. The
plate on one valve appears to have suffered somewhat, but I don't expect
any serious problems apart from that. However, my main questions a

* Should I match the output valves (more accurately, buy a matched quad
from Evatco)? Cost = AUS$100.00/set. Tung-Sol, Genalex (I have an
aversion to Chinese valves, even though they are cheaper),
Electro-Harmonix, JJ, etc.
* My other supplier has no matched sets (and I don't want to buy a
crap-load so I can match them), but sells two brands: Sovtek $13.75 each
or Electro-Harmonix $17.05.

Although cost is not an over-riding concern, the time to ship the Evatco
valves could be. My other supplier can ship today.

Thoughts appreciated. Particularly from PA.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I have a thought.
The Peavey Classic 30 is a rather nice sounding amp IMHO.

(Considering it's a Peavey)

If I was a proper guitarist, I'd have one of those - but I'm not, I just
fix the things.

Gareth.