Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default LED SWITCH THREAD REPAIR ?

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 7:50:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
AE6KS

awwwww Lieb that is soooo sloppy.

isn't there a fine thread die abt .5 inch or 7/16th's in your drawers ?

incroyable ! never rethreaded a switch bolt ? XXXXX the bolts are just waiting there for rethreading....

Get this...there are 7 here nutless. Collected them this afternoon. 3 are hella's for expletive deleted.

there is a question of fine thread nylon nuts but I'll look now....wait one....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#nylon-nuts/=10nmern

asks more questions....Hella would be metric, I assume not proprietary as that would be a potential loser. I could ask but Hella is short handed.....wuhwuhwuh

I can ask Practical Machinist

I'll drag one down to the Universal Hardware Store n ask the Wizard.

nnnnnnnnnnnn

switch bolts here measure abt .5 inch fine thread....how does this translate into a metric sizing ?