Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED SWITCH THREAD REPAIR ?

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:03:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:

LOST NUTS !

You have two. One is a spare.

FOR
https://goo.gl/I4oUmF
group have experience rethreading switch bolt with a die ? for a nylon nut ?

Most electrical/electronic switch nuts are fairly common and easy to
replace.
https://www.google.com/search?q=switch+nut+replacement&tbm=isch
Just look in any junk box full of old switches and potentiometers.
However, the plastic switches use a somewhat coarser thread pitch. I'm
not sure how well standardized those are.

If you're desperate, wrap some baling around the threads a few times
and twist tight. If it holds, you can leave it alone. If not, loosen
slightly and screw the wire until it's tight onto the mounting plate.
I've done this a few times in situations where things just have to
work, not look good.

If that's not good enough, duct tape.

--
Jeff Liebermann