Posted to sci.electronics.repair
c4urs11[_2_] c4urs11[_2_] is offline

Default Manual needed Exact 119AL Function Generator

On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 16:05:37 -0800, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Any help obtaining a manual would be greatly appreciated.
Not looking for a freebie, willing to pay.

Found on eevblog this information from an ex-worker at Exact:

| Old waveform generator EXACT electronics model 502 LCS & question.
|
| Actually, we made TWO of the Exact model 502 generators.
| The first was around 1970. The second, which you have, was after
| Jerry Foster sold Exact to Dynatech.
| They were then relocated from Tillamook, Oregon to Nevada, and went
| out of business a short time later.
|
| All analog Exact generators had the same basic circuitry;
| opposing current sources would charge and then discharge a timing
| capacitor. This would generate the triangle waveforem.
| The comparator with hysteresis would also create the square wave.
| The triangle wave was fed through an op-amp with three (four in our
| high end generators) diode bridges that would produce sine distortion
| as low as 0.3% at the lower frequencies.
|
| I'm not sure changing op-amps is going to gain you anything.
| From what I recall, most of the 741 op-amps were used in the current
| source circuitry, and not in the output stage, which was discrete.
| The 502 that you have came a little after my time, but the circuitry
| looks to be the same idea.
|
| I doubt I have a manual for yours, but feel free to e-mail me directly
| at if you have any questions.
|
| Mark Keppinger
| Exact Electronics, 1975 - 1978

Link to this page is:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/
old-waveform-generator-exact-electronics-model-502-lcs-question/
(text appears near bottom of page)

The page is from May 2012, but his mail address may still work.

eBay has several Exact / Dynatech manuals but none for the 119AL.
Still it could be worth contacting sellers, as their stock might be larger
than they currently offer for sale.

Two interesting sellers in that league:
testgearnation
http://stores.ebay.com/testgearnationonlinestore