Jerry G.

Default Heathkit Question

What you should do is see if you can get a Newark or equivalent catalogue
and carefully go through it. There are hundreds of different types of these
small lamps. I am sure that your lamps are of some standard. I doubt very
much that Heath had their own made, especially in the time that they were
around.

If there are any electronic suppliers in your area, which you can check to
verify in your yellow pages, pay them a visit with a sample of a lamp. You
can try Radio Shack, or a TV service place, but these would be very limited.

If you know the voltage and current rating of the lamp, you can probably
substitute it and also install new sockets to match. This is too much of a
hassle for something that is standard.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Ralph Farr" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a quick question I was wondering if someone might be able to
answer. What is the standard light bulb number for the 5V lamps in a
Heathkit GC-1195/1197 clock. They are 5V miniature wedge type light
bulbs that are used for the display segments. I guess this could be a
proprietary Heathkit part, but I was hoping maybe someone had changed
these and maybe knew if there was a standard bulb equivalent (the
Heathkit part number is 412-621. Thanks and I do appreciate any help.

Ralph Farr