Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Looking for eeprom F25L32QA

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 8:26:29 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:
John-Del wrote:

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:03:17 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:
John-Del wrote:

This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another.. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Have you tried looking at the base part number, 25L32? It appears to
be an old 32K EPROM that was made by a lot of companies, an is likely
out of production. Is this like what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321330554965

No, it's a current production eeprom that you find in typical "Black Friday" grade TVs (this is a Funai-Emerson). Looks like this:

http://www.people.com/article/star-t...artner_zergnet

I have an email out to Funai Corp to see if they sell the eeprom; most TV manufacturers won't sell parts, just complete boards.

I had the same model in a couple of months ago for repair and copied the image file in case I ever needed it (I do now), but the eeprom in this particular main board won't take a reprogramming as many do if they're just corrupted. If I can find the eeprom or a sub, I can load it and finish the job.

Then it is an 8 or 16 pin SPI interface, instead of parallel? There
are a lot of those out in the wild, as well. DIgikey has both of those
styles, in the one dollar price range.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/integrated-circuits-ics/memory/2556980?k=25L32

Found it.. I don't know why but when I checked Ali yesterday, nothing showed.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...rchweb201560_3