Sofie

Default Scope advice needed

Jeff:
It sounds like that you have the original Tektronix manual for your
scope..... if so, at the front of the manual is an operation section that
takes you step by step through all the functions and features of the
scope..... and you will operate just about every switch and knob using the
scope's calibrator signal and your probes. It is a good learning tool for
you to get to know how to use an oscilloscope, especially the one you have.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am a hobbiest and have wanted a scope to for a long time. I ran across

used Tektronix 2236 with probes today locally for $200.00 so I picked it
up. I have 7 days to take it back if I need to.

I have done the initial setup and probe calibration and so far it seems to
be working as the manual says it should. The CRT looks good, it's crisp
and bright.

I don't know how to use a scope yet and I can tell it will take some time
to learn. I mainly dabble with older vcr's and some other consumer A/V
equipment.

Did I do alright with this one? Are there any checks I can make to ensure
it's alright while I have time to return it if I need to? From what I

read
on the internet this model could be 20 years old, how concerned should I

be
about that? I really haven't wanted to buy one from eBay and I don't see
used ones come up locally very often especially at that price.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Jeff