Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Epoxy Paint or Epoxy Coating; Do you Know the Difference?

On 12/14/2015 10:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/14/2015 5:23 AM, Frank wrote:

Good explanation.

Easier just to read the label on what you've got! : In our case,
5G of a nice, rich *green* and another 1G (? it's been more than
40 years so I can't recall exact size -- but *much* smaller,
"paint can") can of the hardener. Once mixed, no way to "save
what's left for later"! :

OTOH, it's been more than 40 years and the floor has held up to
oil leaks, gasoline spills (in fact, some gas on a rag is an excellent
way to "wipe up" any oil/grease spills), routine scuffing from yard
equipment going in and out of the garage, etc. and no signs of wear!

If I could slip back in time and read the label on the cans, I'd buy
more in a heartbeat! Even the green color -- initially something
that I considered obnoxious (ANYTHING but green!!!) -- has sort of
grown on us! :

I'm a retired chemist and often appalled by misuse of the nomenclature.

Food labels can be downright laughable, like "zero calorie water" or
"gluten
free butter".

LED diodes
LCD displays
RAM memory
(each of the above being redundapetitive)

"CPU" (instead of "computer")
etc.

Nothing worse than when a technology slips into the vernacular... :

Here's my list of those redundancies (certainly not a complete one):

AC current
ATM machine
canola oil
DC current
DVR recorder
GED diploma
HIV virus
ISP provider
LCD display
NIC card
PIN number
CD disk
VIN number
VCR recorder
SIT tone
SSD drive
SVG graphics

--
10 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If Christ, in fact, said "I came not to bring peace but a sword," it is
the only prophecy in the New Testament that has been literally
fulfilled." [Robert G. Ingersoll]