Jeff

Default Scope advice needed

I am a hobbiest and have wanted a scope to for a long time. I ran across a
used Tektronix 2236 with probes today locally for $200.00 so I picked it
up. I have 7 days to take it back if I need to.

I have done the initial setup and probe calibration and so far it seems to
be working as the manual says it should. The CRT looks good, it's crisp
and bright.

I don't know how to use a scope yet and I can tell it will take some time
to learn. I mainly dabble with older vcr's and some other consumer A/V
equipment.

Did I do alright with this one? Are there any checks I can make to ensure
it's alright while I have time to return it if I need to? From what I read
on the internet this model could be 20 years old, how concerned should I be
about that? I really haven't wanted to buy one from eBay and I don't see
used ones come up locally very often especially at that price.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Jeff