Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default wood worm

On 12/10/2015 06:23 PM, swalker wrote:
Wife bought a cabinet made somewhere far away and brought home in
July. The other day a small of pile of dust appeared on the top.
Cleaned it off without thinking much about it. The next day there was
more and on close inspection saw a small hole.
So how do we get rid of the worms?

If it was a bowl, I'd say microwave it for a minute or so; long enough
to cook the worm, not long enough to burn the wood.

If you can fit it in a sealed plastic container, maybe fume it w/ammonia
or something?

The worms are likely beetle larvae of some flavor I'd expect. In a
month or so the problem will probably take care of itself. Of course,
you might then have a different problem! :-)

If it came from a warm climate, and you're in a cold one, maybe put it
outside in a shed for a time and freeze the tootsies out of the little
critters...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller