Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

Yeah, if you're selling (generally) don't order anything messy,
smelly, noisy or too showey (flaming anything) or that might turn
someone's stomach (anything with tentacles, raw meat or excessive
blood I guess- I eat pretty much anything).

As Bob says.. something light. If you're starving you can always go
get a burger *after* the contract is signed.

If you're selling and they're paying (it happens), don't order the
most expensive thing and don't order dessert unless they do.

If you're unfamiliar with the restaurant, check out the menu online
beforehand and decide what to order without pressure. Or even give
them a call if there are questions (so you don't have to discuss food
allergies or something like that with the server- you can just give a
simple instruction if required - 'no garlic' or whatever).

It turns out I won't meet anyone, so never mind.