Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Dandy Dapter info needed

On 11/22/2015 10:54 PM, Ken Layton wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 4:14:00 PM UTC-8, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 11/22/2015 04:49 PM, wrote:

On Monday, January 13, 2003 at 1:57:01 PM UTC-5, Ken Layton wrote:
I've got an old B&K 467 CRT restorer and I'm looking for contact info
for ordering a "Dandy Dapter" to use with my 467. Anyone have the name
& address & phone for the manufacturer of the Dandy Dapter?

Ken Layton
Olympia, Wash.

I got one cheap

You think Ken is still looking for one after almost 13 years!? Google
Groups strikes again!

Perce

I never was able to locate an actual Dandy-Dapter, but some kind soul did email me the Instruction and Set Up Manual several years ago (in a pdf format).

Yes, I still have occasion to use the B&K 467 since I still service arcade game monitors.

That was likely I. I tried to track down the company and owner of
Dandy-Dapter back when this first started, made calls to the city phone
directory, etc. even sent a letter to the last known address. Was
completely unable to contact the fellow so I send Ken a PDF of the manual.

The Dandy Dapter was mostly a chart of picture tubes and the required
connections using his tool - which was a series of plugs with labelled
grabbers that hook onto the pins of various picture tubes for testing.
We bought the kit back in the 90s for our shop and still use it from
time to time when we run across a tube that we haven't got a factory
adaptor for our B&K rejuvenator.

If anyone else needs a copy please let me know and I'll send it along.

If the original owner, Mr. Dandy or his estate, turns up I will happily
stop supplying copies - however at this time I consider this fits under
Fair Use of the copyright law (in Canada). Plus I am not charging for
the information.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com