Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to fix my 5V, 2.5amp adapter.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:04:20 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Micky" wrote in message
.. .

If I couldnt' find a power supply for the router, until I bought a new
one, could I have just unplugged the wire from the DSL modem to the
router and plugged it into the computer? The only thing I'm doing
wirelessly now is print, and I don't print very often.

This idea kept popping in my head and then disappearing.

If you are talking about using the data cable and removing the router from
the system, you should be able to do it with out any problems. I do it from
time to time just to check the download and upload speeds.

Good. It looks like "wire" was too vague a term. Two people
thought I meant the power wire (because that's what we'd been talking
about) and even you asked if really meant the data cable. Sorry.