Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to fix my 5V, 2.5amp adapter.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 20:12:59 -0000, MJC
wrote:

In article ,
says...

It's actually quite easy. Instead of searching the web, I do an image
search. Photos, schematics, disassembly instructions, and such are
much easier to find using images than text.

Sorry, I still don't follow: what are you using as your search
criterion? I see how you might get disassembly instructions (or lots of
sales pitches!) using a photo of the outside of the device, but
schematics?

Mike.

Ok, I'll walk you through it. First, I do a web search by product
name and buzzword:
https://www.google.com/#q=d+link+JTA0302+repair
The first hit is the page I posted, which is more luck than finesse.
However, we're looking for a schematic, so I click on the "Images"
button for:
https://www.google.com/search?q=d+link+JTA0302+repair&tbm=isch
(Edited and shortened for clarity). Notice that several schematics
magically appear in the results.

Let's pretend that you don't see the schematic that you're looking
for. Click on ANY schematic. The search results will display the
image with "Visit Page" and "View Image" button. However, we're gonna
do something different. In the lower right are a series of thumbnails
one of which is labeled "View More". Click that and you have pages
and pages of similar schematics to sift through.
https://www.google.com/search?q=d+link+JTA0302+repair&biw=1397&bih=821&so urce=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinr4_vy6LJAhUP8 GMKHdV9COMQ_AUICSgE#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACZFH9IV11d HBIjg-oc7iGryprYGhMbJL3yU7s4yBEMwNeVqVguPgWuTPn2TyHae7nb kM1unm89X-59h8DZFv_1RHtmyoSCT6hzuIavKmtEVcoqqCFxshoKhIJgaExs kvfJTsRfsuryv7U1zsqEgmzjIEQzA15WhH4nOkQgb56QyoSCZW C4-Ba5M-fET10TFIWWvIdKhIJZPIdp7uduQwR1e6tkiviKPIqEgnW6ebz1 f7n2BETj_1Q1PRiNPCoSCXwNkW_19Ee2bEXI-6EAgeQ1c&q=d%20link%20JTA0302%20repair
Here's one in Russian that looks interesting:
http://masterpaiki.ru/goryachaya-shtuchka-d-link-ili-chinim-bp-jta0303e-e.html
Use Google Translate to convert it to English.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en

In case you haven't noticed, it really doesn't matter exactly what you
use for a search. At a minimum, the model number. Notice that I
chopped off the version suffix letter from the model number. Instead
of "repair", you could use inside, schematic, disassemble, tear apart,
bulging capacitor, etc. Whatever works to bring up images that are
close. Your eyes do the rest.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D