Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Multi-conductor control cable: PVC vs.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:00:48 -0800, DaveC wrote:

By the way, PVC=Vinyl, oil
and chemical resistant or otherwise.

RL

Insulation is rarely PVC-only––that would be plumbing pipe. It’s the
plasticizers mixed with the PVC that make it flexible and may not be
oil-resistant. Wash that in a petroleum product and the plasticizers give up
the ghost.

The spec sheet for either Alpha or Lapp products will list the degree
of resistance to oil or chemicals. I don't know what you go by, but
gasoline and other solvents don't tend to hang around - they may
sometimes be intentionally used in cleaning, but only under 'user
beware' conditions. Both mfrs sell on-line. Alpha will cut.

Mogami has made superior products for a long time before being
purchased by OKI. I doubt quality has suffered, but they do not and
have never addressed industrial environmental requirements - that's
not their market.

Get off the pot.

RL