Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 16:08:19 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I'm dealing with a similar problem. Bought the house this summer, and got the pilot light lit when fall came. Flipped on the wall switch, took a minute or two and then fired up. Try to turn the wall switch on other days, wait several minutes, nothing happens. Turn off the gas, relight the pilot light, flip the wall switch on and again it fires up after a minute or two. Then I still have the same problem on other days where it won't fire. After reading these posts, I had seen a little box under the fireplace so I pulled that out, it's a remote start which seems to work fine. Turns on turns off no problem. So I turned it on with the remote, flipped on the wall switch, turned off the remote and it stayed lit. Assuming there's a problem with the wiring in the wall switch? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Trace it back to low voltage past the switch. Check the transformer
maybe? Folks here can help -- provide the model number and/or a URL
to the exact unit.