geoff

Default Whistling Boiler

In message , anon
writes
My Vokera Excell 80E combi boiler occasionally starts whistling when
the central heating is on. I can stop the whistling instantly by
turning on a hot tap for a couple of seconds. The whistling goes away
but always comes back at some point. Some days it will come back in a
few hours, other days it won't whistle much at all.

Please can you tell me what the problem might be and also what to do
to fix it.

Teach it to sing

Sounds like a washer, but could be a range of things. I think you will
have to locate it a bit more precisely. Probably not dangerous (Boom)
--
geoff