Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Insinkerator Hot Water Dispenser problems

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 12:40:16 PM UTC-4, Smarty wrote:
Jealib wrote:
replying to Edwin Pawlowski, Jealib wrote:
esp wrote:

"Jack" n wrote in message ...
I'm curious as tot he reason. Anything different wit your water? Is the

pH
near neutral?
Anyone can have one go bad, but three is a bit much. Seems to me, if
everyone being made leaked after a year or so there would be a major

outcry
from the dealers. I just have to wonder is something changed in your

water
or system to invite corrosion for some reason. Could it be acting like

the
anode in the water heater?

I am having the same problem. I'm fed up!

After owning several Insinkerators with short life times, I bought a
Kitchenaid for twice the price. I installed it many years ago and it has
been 100% reliable since day one. It is made way sturdier and more durable
than the Insinkerator IMHO.

IDK about the KA ones, but I went through a couple of the Insinkerators.
They lasted maybe 5 years. One the thermal fuse went out for no reason.
Replacement one was totally different design, which means they likely
figured out it was a bad design. But the final early failure on both
of them was they started leaking. I opted for an electric kettle.