Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Motor speed controller

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:40:49 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Pulley system increases torque at low speed of cutting Electronic
gubbins can only decrease torque at low speed

You would hardly notice any difference with a well-designed, modern
controller. I bought one for a 415V 3ph industrial lathe I bought, which
enables me to run it from 240V 1ph. The low speed torque is astounding -
and the soft-start setting removes the lethality of hitting the start
button when you've left the key in the chuck! Well worth the money - and
you can still use gearing and pulleys with it for total versatility.