Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default External Hard Drive Power Supply

On 17/10/2015 01:28, Steve Walker wrote:
On 16/10/2015 23:20, Steve Walker wrote:

I would happily pay £20 for a good quality version from a reliable
manufacturer. Does anyone happen to know where something like this is
available?

Heh, so everyone's suggesting hotwiring an old PSU. Funnily enough I
had one of those, but I binned it because it was too
big/noisy/tangle-of-cabley for easy portable use. Should've kept it and
modified it, perhaps. De-soldered the un-needed connectors, done the 7v
trick on the fan, could've been okay.

That'll learn me... :-)

Depending on what you are doing and what other PCs you use, how heavily
loaded, etc., you could take a lead from an existing, working PC just
for power.

--
Rod