Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default External Hard Drive Power Supply

On 16/10/2015 23:20, Steve Walker wrote:

I use an external 5v/12v power supply to temporarily run hard drives
during repair and tinkering. The Chinese rubbish they sell on eBay (eg
141793905523) has the quality & durability of a Kinder Egg toy. I've
had about 5 of them now, they always fail.

I would happily pay £20 for a good quality version from a reliable
manufacturer. Does anyone happen to know where something like this is
available?

Possibly unhelpful answer, but I use a PSU from an old computer for
this. Obviously one has to be comfortable with wires around the place.