Old October 16th 15, 11:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default External Hard Drive Power Supply

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 23:20:08 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

Hi -

Tenuously on-topic, but hopefully someone can help.

I use an external 5v/12v power supply to temporarily run hard drives
during repair and tinkering. The Chinese rubbish they sell on eBay (eg
141793905523) has the quality & durability of a Kinder Egg toy. I've
had about 5 of them now, they always fail.

I would happily pay 20 for a good quality version from a reliable
manufacturer. Does anyone happen to know where something like this is
available?

I just use one of these (ebay no. 151798079800) or rather, the same
thing pulled out of an old PC before I threw it away.

Nick