Pac-Fan

Default Tech Review: Victor's (8liners/Genao) Replacement Arcade RGB Monitor Chassis (LONG)

Yes, I used an Arkanoid II Jamma board in regular and test mode. Test mode
produces a white cross hatch pattern and 16 squares, 4 gradiated shades each
of RGB and white. Perfect for color balancing, focus, screen and brightness
adjustments.

Admittedly I tuned it well for one tube and then left the drive controls the
same only slightly adjusting cutoffs for equal gun output when tubes were
switched. They were all about the same.

No, the new chassis doesn't have any pincushion control at all I don't
think any of the chassis that the company that Victor gets the chassis from
have pincushion control.. only additional features like remote cable for
pots, etc.. The OEM for it can be found he
http://www.jenshinn.com.tw/j220.htm

Once I get all the pics and text together, I will have pictures of the donor
TV shells and model # info, plus all the other pertinent information.

I thought of another annoyance I didn't list last nite: The input pins are
non standard and therefore you must use the included wire and convert it to
the old style connectors as the pin size and spacing are nowhere similar
between the two.

Also, although most people wont run into this (as they won't be swapping
tubes multiple times), I found the spring on the ground strap to be very
tight and once stretched, it deformed and didn't recollapse to the original
size. Over time and multiple tubes it will loose tightness and won't
provide a good ground to the aquadag and will probably have to be zip-tie
assisted.

More info later or in response to your questions!

"Ken Layton" wrote in message
m...
[snip]