Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen Vincent Cheng Hoi Chuen is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's beingtested?

Ashton Crusher wrote in
:

That's my point for this thread branch, yes. Not only isn't it worth
it, the code is none of teh EPA's damn business.

What I don't understand is that the code, apparently, allowed *more*
fuel to the engine (to cool the combustion chamber) which lowered NOx
emissions.

So, fixing the problem should result in *less* fuel to the engine, if
that's the case.

When they reflash the ecu, wouldn't that lowering of fuel *increase* gas
mileage *and* bring NOx emissions back down to where they said they were?