Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Default EPA full of ****, VW was not cheating!

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 05:59:50 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

Wonder about MB and BMW Diesel vehicles. I was looking at MB GLK-250
Diesel version when news broke out. Considering Diesel vehicle for next
new car purchase is on hold now. Also I am wondering about turbo charged
small engines on almost every cars, Ecoboost, Skyactive...,etc. Crap.

I had a Mazda MX6 with a turbo. One was supposed to let the engine
idle for a minute before shutting it off to let the turbo wind down.
There might've been some cooling also.
An oil reservoir above the turbo with a flow restrictor would've
eliminated that requirement but that would've cost the manufacturer
money.

Toyota's solution was a water cooled turbo.