Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On 2015-09-22, Scott Dorsey wrote:
This article is not exactly accurate.

The point is that government malfeasance, which can and does result
in massive death, rarely if ever goes punished. I don't know how much
additional pollution is being caused by VW diesels or if the effect
is even measurable given their relatively low numbers. I do know that
governments routinely lie, cheat, steal, and kill (sometimes en
masse) all in a day's work. There's no doubt that what VW did was
bad, but the outcry seems out of proportion given the routine
misdeeds of the State.

What a goof!

Really!!