Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On 9/22/2015 9:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

There may be others cheating too, just not caught yet.
Big corp. mentality like VW cheating. They should be fined $$$
as an example and top guy should do some jail time as well.
VW chief said, "we screwed up" So they intentionally cheated.

I cannot imagine a big corporation intentionally doing something like
that and figure they would not get caught. Too many people work on
projects like that and superiors have to sign off. The cost t fix it is
in the billions and for what?