Posted to alt.home.repair
bc[_3_] bc[_3_] is offline

Default Sharp microwave door won't latch - How did you get the inside panel off?

replying to Dot, bc wrote:
Dot wrote:

How did you get the inside panel off the door?

I stumbled on this site for the same issue with older Sharp microwave.
After reading about the door spring, it was a quick and easy fix. Just
pry at the plastic around the sliding latch and it'll pop out. Like
others described, the bottom piece of plastic broke that held the spring.
I had an old spring lying around that I doubled up with the existing
spring so it could attach at a lower fixed spot. It's fully functional
again. Thanks for the info!