Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default a.b.s.e dead?

Ian Field wrote:

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Ian Field wrote:

And political rants - its got so bad, even I've taken the attitude;
"when in Rome do as Romans" once or twice.

A binaries group dedicated to schematics should be something really
special - I don't think it ever fully lived up to that, but in the
past few years its been dragged down into the sludge.

And when you started a political thing it wasn't a bad thing. I like
them for the view into UK politics. It doesn't matter if I agree.

It was never very convenient to make gifs of schematics. Most people
don't seem to have CAD readily at hand.

There are a number of free/cheap schematic drawing programs: Eagle and
Express PCB for example.
Nothing wrong with ASCII art.

In email and on Usenet, ASCII art usually requires mucking about with
fonts and spacing.

I'm on the lookout for a very simple (possibly portable) schematic app
with output files most others can open, doesn't need comprehensive
libraries, I can give a description and component list in the text.

Tall order,,,,Express PCB is closest as it comes with a part library,
and being free, can be downloaded to open its "drawings".
As an example,i have attached such a drawing.