Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default a.b.s.e dead?

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in
message ...
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:15:22 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

rickman wrote:
Is there any reason to subscribe to this group? I only see one in
twenty posts that aren't cross posted to s.e.d. The other 19 are
nearly all politics that don't belong in either group.

I guess there isn't much here anymore...

Ever since LTSpice came out people have been posting netlists
instead of schematics.

.ASC files aren't "netlists", they're text-based graphical
descriptions of schematics.

When you select "Run" from within LTspice, LTspice creates a netlist
internally, then uses that netlist to do the simulation.

OK, then ever since LTSpice came out people have been posting
proto-netlists instead of schematics.

And political rants - its got so bad, even I've taken the attitude; "when in
Rome do as Romans" once or twice.

A binaries group dedicated to schematics should be something really
special - I don't think it ever fully lived up to that, but in the past few
years its been dragged down into the sludge.