Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
N. Coesel N. Coesel is offline

Default Time to Upgrade ?:-}

Jim Thompson schreef op 08/02/2015 om 06:16 PM:
I think it's time I upgraded my 'Spice' machine... my present machine
is as follows... no laughter please... I've successfully done at least
at least 20 chip designs on this machine. What modern equivalent
should I replace it with?

I got a Dell 5810 workstation earlier this year with a Xeon CPU, ECC
memory and SSD. It's very quiet (I actually had to get used to the
absence of noise in my office) and it has been rock solid even with very
memory & CPU intensive tasks (routing FPGA designs and compiling large
software projects).