Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
rickman rickman is offline

Default Math Problem

On 6/28/2015 5:41 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
A math problem over my head...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/MathProblem.png

Would some math whiz solve this for me?

Thanks!

Are you looking for a closed solution or a "feel" for the domain? Just
looking at it the first term will range over V. TANH() ranges over ±1,
so the full term will range over 0 to 1 times V or at most V.

The second term will always be non-negative when F and W are
non-negative. The only time f(v) can be negative is if F is negative
and the values of F and W (as well as V of course) are such that the
magnitude of the second term is larger than the first. I can't pin that
down in a closed form but I think this can help you intuitively map the
domain a bit more.

--

Rick