BOB URZ

Default Anyone have a source for Pioneer parts? (was: Pioneer VS. Lightning)

DFerree923 wrote:

Me again. I have narrowed it down to the tuner board being the problem. With
the tuner card removed, all other functions work, and volume can be turned up
as much as I want. Sound like the tuner board was causing the DC at output?

Now the problem is replacing it. Pioneer wants $88+shipping for the board
(AWE1140). All I have is a RadioShack DMM; no scope or service manual. Thus,
I figure my only option is to replace it. Anybody out there have a source
that's cheaper?

Thanks again,
Del

I have an older Pioneer VSX-502 receiver that got hit by lightning through
the
AC line. Everything seems to work, except for the radio tuner. All fuses are
ok. I have already replaced the LM7001 chip, and the TC9164N (Pioneer suggests
these to be the problem after a strike through the antenna). Still, no radio.

I can get a "thumping" sound (oscillation) through the speakers when in AM
mode, but nothing in FM. Also, there are two indicators in the dislplay for
"tuned" and "stereo". Neither one is lit, except for when the board that
contains the LM7001 chip is removed(?), then they both work, but obvivously no
radio without the antenna card.

One other problem is that when the volume is increased past 1/3 of the way,
there is a relay click (overload protect?), and the speakers cut out. Any
suggestions welcome.

Without a schematic and the proper trouble shooting knowledge, your in trouble. But
i would guess your sucking down one of the power rails.
I would be looking for a shorted cap or diode lowering one of the B+
rails. WIth a bit of load shedding and solder wick, unhook things on the
power rail in that module until the rail comes back up to the proper voltage
then try to isolate the problem.

BOB