Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal Cutting Bandsaw

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:mpjbld$eql$1
@dont-email.me:

Then I realize I had the square I was measuring with
set at 8-3/8 instead of 8-5/8. Oops. Sigh. Well I have lots of small
pieces to go in the play stock pile.

G... I use the stock-stop L-arm, measuring the first piece cut before
committing to a larger run.

You'll also get crooked cuts (vertical wander) with a dull band
(sometimes even just a "little dull"), so go with the best bands you can
afford, and don't be bashful about tossing one out when it stops cutting
'square'. They're less expensive than your wasted time.

Lloyd