Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is offline

Default One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:12:11 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

After 9/11 things got very slow in Phoenix, AZ machining job shops so I decided to take a lower paying job in Tucson, AZ

building race engines which I have never done before. slow eddy has recommend a book that I had purchased:

http://www.abrasiveengineering.com/bksunn.html

I initially thought this book was very good and complete. When I went to work at the race engine builders shop

I realized how incomplete and wrong this book actually was. The reason is the author at that point was just like slow eddy...
book smart with very little practical hands on experience.

Interesting enough is that the person who wrote the book wife died long after he wrote the book. He finally decided

to open his own shop and get some real world practical experience. I talked with him on the phone years ago and he
admitted how much he didn't know back then and how much he's learned since finally opening his own shop.

With some of the new knowledge I gained I enjoyed talking with Bottlebob who had a lot of respect for David Vizard

who is a well known engine building author. It turns out that David Vizard had far more knowledge and practical experience
than John Edwards did. The shop I went to work for owner has spent a ton of time with David Vizard when he lived in Tucso
n writing books for HP. No doubt in my mind that the shops owner gained a ton of real world practical knowledge workin
g with David Vizard. HP Books was based out of Tucson, AZ.

This is just one example of how full of **** and how little slow eddy knows about many subjects he pretends to be an expert in.

To sum up:

John Edwards book is very similar to Pay For Play articles that slow eddy writes where you regurgitate
what you are given and kiss the advertisers ass.

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Note to Ed. Banquer is yipping again.