Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grokman Grokman Grokman Grokman is offline

Default One-handed pullups

VERY dangerous to go over even 75 mph on, say, the Deegan without these stabilizers/fairings.

Rubbish. Lots of fast, safe bikes have neither. Mine is rev limited to
a top speed of 160 IIRC. You're doing the same thing Wieber does,
taking old limited knowledge and using it to make **** up. I think
Wieber had an old 600cc boxer. Those were something like 45hp. I'm
beginning to wonder if your experience is about the same.

Maybe these guys lack experience too?

blah blah blah

I've been on every kind of road on every kind of bike. You telling me
every bike needs a steering damper and a fairing on some roads is
stupid. Some bikes have damper. Some bikes need them. Fairings are
primarily for comfort and streamling. They won't do a damned thing to
help on pavement grooves or lane scallops. Bad geometry, loose
steering heads and some tires can be miserable on the wrong roads and
you might alleviate the symptoms with a damper. The thing is, if you
need a damper to cure a bad problem it better be tuned properly
otherwise it might only be a cure in your mind, and you'll be forced
into reality with an unrecoverable tank slapper. Same with some
aircraft castering nosewheels. Friction damper might be just the thing
until it gets some a little oil on it then whammo, you're skating on
your prop's rapidly decreasing diameter. Now get typing and tell me
how little I know.

You half concede and yet you are still almost totally fulla****.
But yeah, KIdding, Cap'n, you are GOOD!! What a consummate bull****ter!!

Apparently you know nothing about resonance. and WTF is talking about oil and friction?
Jesus, kidding, you haven't changed one bit, you NEVER stop, even when you have been shown to be dead wrong.

Forget about fairings. You may NEVER need a damper, if you ride consistently on the right road. Dampers are for the other 99.999% of possiblities.

Keep on keeping on. Oh, did I mention the Theorem you can discredit me with? RCM, july 22. Give it a shot, you're throwing Hail Mary's as it is.

You remind me of a customer in a movie, forgot the name. Stereo
salesman tells earnest buyer he doesn't need expensive amp. Then he
tells asshole buyer he really needs the same expensive amp. If you get
a bike, you need a damper and a fairing and a stereo. You wouldn't
want to risk your life would you? Of course not.