Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Default One-handed pullups

On 7/28/2015 7:32 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:00:21 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
On 7/28/2015 6:18 PM, Grokman Grokman wrote:

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:13:18 PM UTC-4, Harold McKinney wrote:
"Though I tried a fast rep of 25 pull ups [chortle] and started getting
some chest pressure at 20 [chortle], yesterday. I cant do more than
about 5 one handed pull ups anymore..sigh..old age is creeping up."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...o/rOC-Y63ENh8J

A scant three years later:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...22097241260450

gummer has never done even a single one-handed pullup, of course.
gummer has never been able to do 25 pullups. At age 53, 210 lb, gummer
couldn't do *one* two-handed pullup.

Awwww, Gummer, Moi is proly yer biggest fan here. Only fan?? LOL
But goddamm, 1-handed pullups?? Those are hard to find even on youtube! You need gymnastic
level strength/wt ratios to pull these off. The guys that can do these are sinewy bean poles.
Frank Medrano might be one who can.

A year or so ago I could manage 1 or two barely-controllable negative reps one-handed, at 6', 180 lbs.
So unpleasant to do, haven't done them since, sure I'd have to practice like crazy to do them again
. Easy to tear a bicep doing these, proly not advisable to even try anymore, esp with age.

This will blow your mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOah6uN5ro
Funny, these guys didn't look particularly cut up/developed, but wow...
The last guy, even tho he topped the list, is doing some Crossfit kipping bull****, which proly gave him
an extra 5 reps or so. Still, all enormously impressive, these guys disguise the true difficulty of this move.

Keep in mind, this is as much shoulder/lats as it is bicep, maybe more. You can prove this by testing your max
curl with weights, proly manage half your bodyweight, the rest comes from lats/shoulders. This is proly where
these guys are very strong.

How many of those guys insist they've ridden a motorcycle at 264 mph,
and claim to have driven more than 900 miles every day for 30 years?

10,000,000 miles. gummer is close to 62. Let's say that in keeping
with all of his other extravagant lies, gummer began driving at age 12,
so 50 years of driving - too much time, given that gummer told his ten
million lie a few years ago and he didn't start driving as 12. Anyway,
that's 200,000 per year, every year. 20K-25K per year is what someone
with an exceptionally long commute might drive, or perhaps someone who
drives a large sales territory.

gummer lives in Taft and says he used to do a lot of work in Long Beach,
which is 142 miles distant. If gummer had made the round trip *twice*
per day every day of the year for the last 42 years (since age 20), that
would still amount only to 8.7 million miles.

These aren't tall tales gummer is telling. It's an unbroken string of
pathological lying.

Harold, no offense, but get a life. Don't be a dicklessKidding.

I have a life, a fulfilling life, and beating up on the nutless asshole
gummer is only a small part of it.

If you had ANYTHING of a fulfilling life, you wouldn't spend 10 secs on this bull****.

Beating up on the liar gummer in no way impinges on my fulfilling life.

But it's a part, make no mistake.
Remember: gummer has been threatening to have me killed since 2007.
That's not a "tall tale" - that's the mark of a sick, dysfunctional
wreck of a human being.

I don't know... maybe you DESERVE to be killed?

Not in the least. I leave people alone. I may - and do - bash the
stupids in Usenet, but that doesn't materially affect anyone's life.

And yet, you haven't been killed. So wtf is your problem? Move on. Obviously Gummer is just ****ing with you.

Obviously gummer is just a lying impotent incompetent asshole, and I get
some pleasure out of pointing that out here in Usenet. No big deal...