Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Large anvils

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 06:53:43 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message

Gunner Asch writes:

I got my Hay Budden for a handshake and an afternoon of chat.

I think its about 350lbs...35" heal to tip

I got my 305# Peter Wright, my main anvil for decades, from an
antique
shop. The guy said, "Well, Mike, it's a dollar a pound and that
looks
like a hunnert pounds to me." So I gave hin $100 and went home
for
the truck. When we were duck-walking out to the door with it, me
on
one end and him on the other, he muttered, "wheezegrunt This
weighs more than a hunnert pounds, don't it?"

But that was about 1978 and anvils are getting more scarce, the
dollar
more worthless now.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

I have a Wilkin(son?) anvil that weighs 0-1-8, and has been entirely
adequate for my uses. What would one of that low weight have been
intended for?

0 tonne, 1 stone, 8 pence? Whassat?

You might find this website useful:
www.google.com