Mark

Default OT? CDR Burning Big-Time Problems

In article ,
says...

Mark wrote:
This may be OT for this NG, so I'm begging the indulgence of
knowledgeable people.

I'm at my wits' end. I've been struggling with this for
about 6 weeks now, and am in desperate need of advice.

I'm running Win98SE, using a compatible Mitsumi drive, and
the following has occurred with All of the following, All in
the same way; ECDC 4.0, ECDC 5 Platinum (without and with
current Roxio upgrades), Nero (current 5.X download
version), and Stomp RecordNow Max (current download
version).

In every case, I can record audio CDs without any
difficulty.

Recently, after the purchase of a digital camera, I've
started to try to record photo (data) CDs. In every
attempt, the process appears to go normally through all the
burn stages. Once complete, if I let the software verify,
it fails. If I look at what's on the disc with Windows
Explorer, it will show "Track01.cda" at 44 bytes

Look at an audio disk in Windows Explorer - it will show TrackNN.cda, 44
bytes for each audio track.

Your software has burned your data as audio, most likely because that's
what you asked it to do.

I appreciate the suggestion, but as I thought I'd made
clear, I had Not asked it to burn audio, but rather either
photo or data.

--
Mark