Bill Jr

Default OT? CDR Burning Big-Time Problems

You might also try a different brand of data CDR discs.
I prefer to use Verbatim whenever possible.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Mark" wrote in message
th.net...
In article
,
says...
Try burning the CD's at a slower speed, in case there is some buffer
over-run.

I think I did try that once, but I will again just to be
certain.

It is also possible that the drive laser is starting to
fail It may be able to read the disks but not burn them. I have seen
this a number of times.

That seems unlikely, since it burns audio CDs with no
problems (as mentioned).

If your machine is a very old type, it is possible that the processor
is having difficulty with large sized file processing. This gets back
to the buffer over-run problem again.

It's a fairly new machine, running an AMD Athlon.

Your best bet is to try another drive.

Ouch!

Thanks for the help.
Jerry Greenberg