Carol

Default HOW CAN I MANUALLY CHANGE FROM AV MODE WITH TV? HELP PLEASE?

Thank you so much for your good advice. I received advice similar by
email. I'm going to listen to both of you: First I'm going to bring my
remote to a service center to see if it can be fixed; then if not,
I'll have to order a new one. Thanks ever so much again.

Carol

"Sofie" wrote in message ...
Carol:
Most probably you will not be happy with a universal remote. In order to
properly and easily access the menu functions you really need the "factory"
original remote control. You can buy one directly from
Philips Consumer Electronics phone: 1 800 851-8885 or
from 1-800- REMOTES (phone: 1 800 736-6837)
Usually the remotes are reasonable priced.
As a consumer you do have a choice...... next time you buy something look
for features and controls....... some models have more buttons than
others....... also, no matter what you purchase you will absolutely need
the factory remote control..... it is cheaper for the manufacturer to put
features and buttons on the remote than to provide those kinds of
adjustments on the television as a physical button or control.....
....the consumer is getting just what they want are willing to pay for......
CHEAP.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Carol" wrote in message
om...
My television remote is broke. I have no idea whether or not I can
replace it with a universal one...I intend to shop and find out...

Meanwhile, my tv is stuck in AV mode. This phillips TV does not have
any buttons other than the volume and the channel selector ON the TV
itself.

How on earth did they make a TV that can not be adjusted without the
remote? :-(

Carol