Badger

Default Is anybody really repairing electronics in the home

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 12:24:44 GMT, "Leonard Caillouet"
wrote:

Well said. Not a rant at all.

Whenever I have a complaint about my rates I suggest that the call Sears and
have them come out for $95 then call me back when they give them a
ridiculous estimate or obviously don't have a clue about how to fix the set.
It puts my $50 service call rate in perspective.

I do some in-home service, but only when I can reasonably expect that the
fix can be accomplished in one trip based on the symptoms. Otherwise we do
pickup and delivery or pull a chassis. To many repairs need extensive
resoldering and lots of related component checks and it is very difficult to
be thorough in the field. I opt for a better quality in-shop reapir when I
can. I have better equipment, better lighting, better time management, more
space, no dogs and kids, etc in the shop. When it is efficient, I fix them
in the home. Like Bill said, everyone has to figure out the most eficient
way to operater for himself.

Leonard Caillouet

Wow everybody is bashing Sears today. I have to admitt Sears is not
what it use to be, but they have only been BAD for the last few years.
(New manigment) Sears use to be a great place to work, Great Training,
Great Test EQ, and a very good work inverment. But like I said there
paying for it now. But you have to admit at one time Sears was the
Biggest compettitor in the market. They farm out a lot of there
repairs now, and Just about all the Electronic repairs in this area,
and many others. I am on the list to be a Sub Contractor for them in
my area, and the nice thing about it is I can charge Sears there
Rates, and they pay it. Of corse I have a differant rate for my cust.

Anyway the point is Sears is not all bad, there are a lot of good
people woring for Sears, and it won't be too long Sears will be gone
all together.. just my thought!

Keep your chin up, and try to find the good in everyone....

Mike