John Del

Default Lightning strike to JVC AV-36260

Subject: Lightning strike to JVC AV-36260
From: Chris Henderson

Just a tad more info. I've callled to have JVC come warranty it if
possible and have looked into most of my options w/out having to shuck
out a chunk of change. But, my original question was, I guess, does
anyone have any ideas as to what I may be looking at cost for repair?

The factor I look for is whether there is any damage to the cold side of the
power supply. If the damage is limited to the hot side, it's under $150
complete, and there should be no issues of performance or reliability. If
there is damage on the cold side (especially foil damage), I wouldn't suggest
repairing it.
John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)