wadewells

Default POWER SUPPLY NEEDED DC-DC for Auto Hard Drive

I have a in-car hard drive, It is a NEO-Car
Jukebox,(http://www.ssiamerica.com) Unfortunately the drive does not come
supplied with everything it needs to work consistently... I currently have
not found a single power source in my truck that will work consistently
without eventually making the drive crash (SSI fault not my trucks). Also
due to the lack of forethought by the designers of this product, they send a
note instructing users not to have the drive on while the car is being
started, this is apparently due to the voltage drop that occurs when the
starter engages. The designers should have included a power supply so the
drive received clean consistent power.

So with that background out of the way, what I want is a power supply that
will run on regular 12VDC input and give me a stable regulated output of
12VDC at 3Amps

The support moron at SSI said that the drive requires 2.5Amps to spin up
then pulls around .6A from their.

Of course this thing has a home docking bay and the input on the bay is
1.5Amps (haven't figured that one out)

So where can I obtain a DC to DC power supply that with 12VDC auto inputs
and 12VDC - 3A outputs... Ideally I would like to be able to keep it
running while the car is being started (capacitor), and have clean power so
this thing never crashes.

Thanks

WW