Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Toughest Job

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:28:36 -0400, Adam Kubias
wrote:

Just spent the day chipping away clay tiles that were cemented into a
basement. Long, tedious, unproductive work. The Sledge didn't work too
well since it sent shards flying into the customers' brand new drywall.
Hammer and chisel. I am glad there were only 32 tiles, and the rest of
the floor was carpet.

What is the most tedious thing you have done?

Cleaning boiler tubes. Firesides and watersides.
Couldn't be avoided when I was in the Navy.
Tuckpointing my 2-flat. I had the platforms and all.
Knew how to mix mortar and all the rest,
After doing maybe 100 square feet, I hired it out.
I just wasn't cut out for facing a brick wall for hours upon hours.
Drove me crazy.
I've done plenty of other "tedious" jobs, but those stood out for me.