Barry N. Turner

Default Nova DVR vs. Nova 3000

Carl, be sure you add up the cost of all the "parts" on the DVR before you
compare lathe prices. Did you include the stand and/or cast iron legs? Bed
extension? Outboard tool rest?

Barry

"Carl McCarty" wrote in message
I am getting ready to move up to a new lathe. I currently have an old
Delta Homecraft Double Duty lathe.
It works fine but I would like something with more capacity.
I have been looking at the tecknatool site and thinking one of their
lathes would suit my needs well.
I am seeking some advice from more experienced turners than myself if
the DVR motor and different tailstock is realy worth
all that extra money. With the extra $8-900 I could get all the
accessories for the lathe and still have money left over?
I was at Woodcraft the other day, and the salesman was pushing the DVR
pretty hard and acted like the 3000 was a thing of the past. But, they
also had the DVR on the floor and certanly make more money of an $1800
sale than they do $900.
So, if anyone would share their knowledge and point me in one direction
or another, I would appreciate it. Also, if you know of
another lathe in this price range and have a strong arguement for it, I
would like to hear it.
Thanks,
Carl McCarty