Carl McCarty

Default Nova DVR vs. Nova 3000

I am getting ready to move up to a new lathe. I currently have an old
Delta Homecraft Double Duty lathe.
It works fine but I would like something with more capacity.
I have been looking at the tecknatool site and thinking one of their
lathes would suit my needs well.
I am seeking some advice from more experienced turners than myself if
the DVR motor and different tailstock is realy worth
all that extra money. With the extra $8-900 I could get all the
accessories for the lathe and still have money left over?
I was at Woodcraft the other day, and the salesman was pushing the DVR
pretty hard and acted like the 3000 was a thing of the past. But, they
also had the DVR on the floor and certanly make more money of an $1800
sale than they do $900.
So, if anyone would share their knowledge and point me in one direction
or another, I would appreciate it. Also, if you know of
another lathe in this price range and have a strong arguement for it, I
would like to hear it.
Thanks,
Carl McCarty