Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheet Metal Choices

I need to make some enclosures, and splash guards for some of my machines.
I've got a tensmith brake That will handle upto about .100 mild steel. I've
done .125 5052 (annealed partway through), but its really to much for the
machine.

Anyway, I really haven't done much sheet metal work other than crude light
stuff.

I'm wondering what alloy and gage is going to give me good fairly rigid
results at the best (not necessarily cheapest) cost. I know that's a huge
over general basis to start with, but I really do not have enough general
knowledge of sheet metal work to ask the right questions.