Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Pioneer Pro DJ unit ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Don't suppose anyone happens to have a service manual for a Pioneer DDJ-SZ
? Having some difficulty getting one, even through the Pioneer route. It
looks as though the owner has managed to **** one leg of the XLR balanced
output on both channels. Once I had got inside it, I found a surface mount
something in series with the dead leg on each XLR. There is signal one
side, but not the other. They are designated P701 on one channel, and P702
on the other, so in keeping with other Pioneer items, I'm guessing that to
be "Protector", except it doesn't look like the typical surface mount
fuses that Pioneer use in their other DJ units, which are usually very low
profile and have a letter on the top of them to indicate value.

This device is black plastic and about 2 x 2 x 3 mm. Standard sm cap or
resistor connections at each end. Stamped very clearly on the top is "10".
But 10 what ? Could even be an inductor I guess, 10 uH maybe, but I would
then have expected its designator to be "L" ??

The other thing that puzzles me slightly is why you would have anything in
series with one leg and not the other on a 'balanced' output.
Interestingly though, I had a look at the schematic for the DJM 800 I
think it was, and it shows a 0.5A fuse - proper fuse symbol not a
rectangular box 'protector' symbol - in just one leg of the XLR again ...
Thoughts anyone ?

Arfa

It is a fuse - the part number is AEK-1073, AEK being a Pioneer prefix for
fuses.

The rating is 1 amp.

The s/m is 206 pages, but I will send it to you in RAR chunks.

mz