Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default Harman Kardon Citation 17 Pre-Amp Speaker Plug

wrote:
Does anyone know what type of 5-pin plug HK specified for their
Citation 17? This allows the pre-amp to control multiple sets of
speakers from its front panel.

A little Googling shows that some people thought it was a 5-pin tube
base, but that didn't work:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho....php?p=2760319

One guy used a six-pin connector on the preamp end, for a Citation 11.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=312706

He gave this part number, but it appears to be a 6-pin plug, and
Allied doesn't actually sell it:
http://www.alliedelec.com/cooper-int...1-6s/70144660/

Newark doesn't show any stock, but says they will have some in a few
months:
http://www.newark.com/cooper-interco...164&CMP=AFC-OP

Cooper's old catalog, with these connectors, is here - see PDF page
31:
http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...ccessories.pdf

Apparently Cooper is now a tentacle of Eaton. You might try asking
Eaton if they still make them and where to get them in small quantities.
I get the impression, though, that Eaton is really geared to selling
thousands or millions at a time to other companies; they may not
understand how to sell you just one.

Up through the mid-1980s, Radio Shack branded car stereos had a 5-pin
plug that seems to be similar to the one above. I don't *know* if it's
the same as what you have, though. It wasn't a DIN plug and I don't
think it was a 5-pin tube plug. The 2001 Radio Shack catalog gave part
numbers of RSU 11968575 for the plug with wire, and RSU 12025425. (RSU
was their mail-order operation.) The 1990 catalog
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/1990/hr063.html gives a 5-pin
plug with wire part number of 270-041. Radio Shack doesn't sell these
anymore, though.

Somebody on Ebay is selling a harness with this 5-pin connector:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-.../281663011431?

If you find an old enough car stereo shop, or get very, very lucky in a
junkyard, you might also find one.

Matt Roberds